Data Interpretation Bar Charts Questions and answers, Preparation Guide 2016 : Data Interpretation is an important section and to get more score in all the competitive exams. It is a separate section in SBI PO and SBI Associate PO exams and in IBPS 10-15 Questions compulsory. There is no proper guide and material available in the market to prepare for this Data Interpretation section.
Data Interpretation Bar Charts 1:
Directions (1 – 5): Study the following bar graph carefully to answer the questions.
Five students namely Mounika, Navya, Anusha, Manasa and Lokesh are termed as P, Q, R, S and T.
Marks obtained by them in Physics and Chemistry :-
1. Marks obtained by Manasa in Chemistry is what percent of the total marks obtained by all the students in Chemistry?
a) 26 b) 28.5 c) 35
d) 31.5 e) 22
2. If the marks obtained by Lokesh in Physics were increased by 14% of the original marks, what would be his new approximate percentage in Physics if the maximum marks in Physics were 140?
a) 57 b) 32 c) 38
d) 48 e) 41
3. Fill in the blank space in order to make the sentence correct as per the given information. Total marks obtained by Lokesh in both the subjects together is more than the marks obtained by
a) Navya in Chemistry b) Anusha in Physics c) Manasa in Chemistry
d) Mounika in Physics e) Anusha in both the subjects together
4. What is the respective ratio between the total marks obtained by Mounika in Physics and Chemistry together to the total marks obtained byLokesh in Physics and Chemistry together?
a) 3 : 2 b) 20 : 11 c) 5 : 3
d) 2 : 1 e) None of these
5. What is the respective ratio between the total marks obtained by Navya and Manasa together in Chemistry to the total marks obtained by Mounika and Anusha together in Physics?
a) 23 : 25 b) 23 : 21 c) 17 : 19
d) 17 : 23 e) None of these
Data Interpretation Bar Charts Solutions:
1 .(Option A)
Required percentage mark = 120 / 90 + 110 + 100 + 120 + 60 × 100
120 / 460 × 100 = 26%
2 .(Option E)
New marks of T in physics = 114 / 100 × 50 = 57
T’s new percentage = 57 / 140× 100 = 41
3. (Option B)
Marks obtained by Tango in both subjects together is more than the marks obtained by Anusha in Physics.
4. (Option D)
Required ratio = 130 + 70 : 50 + 60
= 200 : 110 20: 11
5 .(Option B)
Required ratio = 110 + 120 : 130 + 80
= 230 : 210 23 : 21